May 3, 2016

❤ DUPE ALERT!! Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray || $30.00 vs $4.99?! ❤

Hello viewers!

If you've ever had problematic oily skin and generally just want your makeup to last all day, a setting spray is definitely for you. For those of you who already own a spray or two, you probably have heard of the famous Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. It's amazing. It's magical. It's also 30 dollars. 30 dollars for 4 ounces of liquid. Yeah...no thanks!

Today I am so excited to share with you guys the amazing dupe I found for UD's spray. It works the EXACT same and here's the best part: it's $4.99. $30.00 vs $4.99; it that even a question?

I present to you guys:


(Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Setting Spray)

The bottle itself is pretty small, carrying 1.52oz of setting spray, but the price is still unbeatable. When comparing them down to the smallest details I can honestly say they're almost identical, so let's do a detailed rundown of the Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Setting Spray.

The first thing I noticed about this product was how well it sprayed. The nozzle was designed so that the product came out as a light mist that coated the entire face instead of a heavy stream of liquid. I've found that of all drugstore setting sprays, this one sprays the most evenly. This is what I think ultimately makes its performance equal to the All Nighter Spray--if the product isn't properly applied to your face it's not going to do much for you, right? 

My favorite feature is that it also really reminds me of Mac's Fix+ Skin Refresher. When you apply the Wet N Wild spray, you'll quickly notice how easily and effectively it sets the makeup into your pores--base and powder will mesh into one, creating a flawless cover. I found that when I used this spray my pores were a lot less noticeable because it set my makeup so well.

The next and most important factor of a setting spray is what makes me believe this is truly a dupe: oil control. In terms of this, the UD and Wet N Wild were IDENTICAL. Both controlled oil for good 5 hours before any shine started peaking through, which is more than impressive due to the fact that Houston has an unbelievably hot and humid climate (and I have oily skin!). To get an idea of how well the product controls oil, I've included a photo below of me wearing it that's completely unedited. 


Excuse my rough hair in this photo!!! This is was around my 11th hour of wear. (I finished applying my makeup around 8 am, and the time of this photo was around 7:20 pm.) I applied the UD spray on the left side of my face, and the Wet N Wild spray on my right. It's hard to distinguish the difference, as both sides look the same. However if you look closely, it appears that the side with the UD spray is a tad bit shinier. No biggie!

For the sake of clarity, let's recap with a final list of pros and cons.

Pros: affordable, convenient size, good nozzle, very light odor, sets makeup well, controls oil, prolongs makeup wear...

Cons: those extremely sensitive to odors may find it to smell chemical-like



All in all, this setting spray performed exceptionally well and exceeded any expectations I had, considering the price. Do I honestly believe it's a dupe for Urban Decay's spray? Yes. Will I purchase this again? Most definitely. I would actually recommend it. And with prom coming up, girls on a tighter budget will definitely come to appreciate this product. It's small and compact, making it a great item to toss in your purse. Perfect makeup for the perfect night needs to last! 



As far as I'm concerned, it's not limited edition, but get it while you can!!! It is sold in most drugstores. 



Thanks for reading, and of course leave any questions or comments down below.    








1 comment:

  1. Yes!! That's so helpful and really convenient to know!!! I was just thinking about how I needed to get some set spray but I didn't know what kind to get! I'm totally gonna the Wet n Wild spray!

    ReplyDelete

designed by Charming Templates