May 30, 2016

❤ Top 5 Leave-In Conditioners for Damaged Hair ❤

Posting-wise, so far, I've narrowed my schedule down to a post about once a week. Granted, that's not very frequent, but once summer starts I will be able to open my schedule up a bit more. I'm not so sure if I will be able to post for most of June. (I'll be going on a trip to visit my father). However, I do want to change things up. 

Anyway! There was a time when I was hair-obsessed. I had really long hair and was trying to grow it out even longer, so I did everything in my power to make sure it was healthy. I used home-made hair masks, leave-in conditioners, deep conditioners, and NEVER put heat on my hair! Surprisingly enough, my hair grew almost to my waist and was extremely wavy before I cut it short. 

I attribute my healthy hair to the leave-in conditioners I used. They are the products that keep your hair continuously moisturized, even when you've stepped out of the shower, blowdried your hair, or ran around in the sun. My hair is prone to breakage, split ends, and dryness. The products I'm sharing with you today are one that have shown spectacular results on me. Keep in mind, if your hair is very damaged it might take some time for results to start showing. Hair care is a slow process

5. Argan Oil (Moroccan Oil)

I don't have an exact brand for this, as I have used many. I can tell you, though, that some are overpriced. I was surprised to find that Sally's sold me a small bottle for 9 dollars!! Meanwhile, at Walgreens, the "Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco" is sold for $5.79! My mother bought it, and back when I was growing out my hair I used to steal a bit hear and there to put on. Although this doesn't count as a leave-in conditioner, I consider it a natural alternative for those who don't want to slather on random chemicals that they can't pronounce. A bonus about this product is that is makes your hair smell wonderful but not overpowering in any way. Because I don't own a moroccan oil at the time, I will include a photo below of the brand I recommend.

4. TRESemmé Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Treatment

Split ends are a huge culprit behind bad hair health. They cause brittle ends and dryness that eventually results in the hair breaking off. Ever wonder why hair dressers always told you to get your hair cut frequently? It's not just because the money! 

I broke the rules and got my hair cut around twice or three times a year. I still do, in all honestly. I've found it's not completely neccessary unless you put a lot of heat on your hair. When I was first growing my damaged hair out, I did everything to avoid haircuts. This product did the job. Not only does it add a lot of shine to your hair, but I noticed within the first use that my hair was a lot softer on the ends. I genuinely believe it got rid of a lot of my split ends. You guys should try it out for yourselves! It's sold at most drug stores for around 6-8 dollars!

*One thing to remember: no products TRULY get rid of split ends. They promote growth and the chemicals within them make the split hair shafts mend with each other. Essentially, it temporarily fixes the damage. This can be used to prevent split ends or lengthen your time between hair cuts.




3. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day™ 5-in-1 Styling Treatment

This product is a bit more pricey ($15 at Sephora), but I got a set of this line for Christmas. This was my favorite product of the bunch. It's not only a leave-in conditioner, but a styling product. Apply this before styling your hair and you essentially have a heat protector, a shine serum, and a leave-in conditioner. All in one. It's wonderful! I've been using this daily, but I let my hair air-dry instead. I found that it brings out the shine and softness more than when I use heat to dry my hair. 

*mine is a smaller size because I got a kit that had the entire hair system. If you purchase this product individually the container will be larger.

2. Infusium 23 Repair & Renew Leave-In Treatment

I bought this product after I cut my hair, but I wish I had discovered it before. It's just an all-around great product. Adds a tad bit of shine, but mainly it makes your hair so unbelievably soft. Not a single course hair on my head after using this! It smells good (that fake fruity smell most hair products have) and isn't overbearing at all, even for allergy-sensitive people like myself. Like all the other treatments, I add a bit of this in my hair and let it air dry. This goes on as a spray, and not a cream like the rest, so be careful not to spray it directly onto your scalp or you'll find yourself with a greasy head of hair! This was around $7 at my Walgreens.



1. Unite 7 Seconds Leave-In Detangler

Lo and behold, the best of the best. This conditioner has saved my life! Or at least my hair's life. I bought this right after getting my hair lightened to a caramel-brown. My hair was black at the time. You can understand now why my hair is damaged. At the hair salon, I was persuaded into buying the 7 Seconds conditioner, shampoo, and leave-in conditioner. Well, my mom did. (Great birthday gift!!) The shampoo and conditioner ran out quickly because of their small size but this leave-in conditioner has lasted me to this day, nearly a year later! To be honest, I don't understand why this is called 7 Seconds because it works IMMEDIATELY! If you're anything like me and still have rough, tangled hair even after conditioning in the shower, this product is a MUST-HAVE. The moment it touches your hair, you will notice how soft each individual strand becomes. Because the product itself is so light, a few accidental sprays on the crown of your head won't do anything. It's so good at detangling that you can comb it through with your fingers. Less brushing = less breakage. This product was $22, but it's worth the price rather than going through 3 average products at the drugstore in a shorter amount of time. This is my holy grail product!!! 







I hope you all enjoyed this post! I tried to pick products from all different price ranges to accommodate those of you who have a tighter budget. All of them work amazingly and I hope you guys will try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed by Charming Templates